Arborwest is currently seeking motivated, career-driven individuals for the following positions in our Utility Vegetation Management group:
• Utility Project Manager
• Utility Work Planner, Senior
• Utility Work Planner, Junior
These utility vegetation management positions involve significant time outdoors and may require travel to various locations throughout Western Canada.
Arborwest has entry-level positions with excellent advancement opportunities as well as senior-level positions for experienced industry professionals.
Required for all positions:
- Minimum one year of natural resource management experience (eg. Forestry, Aboriculture, Horticulture)
- Microsoft Office and GIS mapping software experience
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Class 5 Drivers License with ability to operate four-wheel drive vehicle and other off-road vehicles
- Ability to walk/hike rugged terrain in all weather conditions
- Ability to interpret maps/work plans and navigate accordingly
- Ability to collaborate with others on project teams
- Ability to problem solve and work independently
- Ability to identify common trees, growth rates and noxious weeds
- Flexibility for overnight travel
Considered an asset for all positions:
- Professional Forestry Designation (RPF or RFT)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Certified Utility Arborist (CUA), Utility Tree Trimmer (UTT) or other arborist trade certificate
- ISA Certified Arborist/Utility Specialist/Municipal Specialist
- Tree Risk Assessment Qualification (TRAQ) and/or Wildlife Danger Tree Assessor
Note: Eligibility for any of the above credentials will also be considered an asset.
We offer a competitive salary, company vehicle, living out allowance and excellent benefits.
Compensation levels vary with position, experience, qualifications and consideration will be given to both work location and project requirements as well as travel requirements.
If you enjoy working outdoors and you are interested in joining our growing team of professional planners and managers, we’d like to hear from you.
To apply for a posted position or to request more information about future positions, reach out to us in confidence by completing the online form or simply sending an email to: email@example.com
List the position you are applying for or inquiring about in the subject line and attach your resume and cover letter in either PDF or Word format.
All positions will be open until filled.